Friday, January 9, 2009

Thing #20: Web 2.0

This was pretty interesting and I found some different sites to explore that I might not have discovered on my own. I didn't really see any that would be helpful with my job, but that's because a lot of what I do around here doesn't really involve a lot of technology. I thought maybe the geneology sites might be helpful when I have to do obituary searches, but they weren't. Those sites were more about creating your own family tree, not helping someone else search for family members or information. I think the best thing about Learning 2.0 is that it has made me aware of technology that exists and is available so that if I hear people talking about it I will know a little bit about what they are saying. Otherwise, there hasn't been a lot of stuff that I could really say would help me be a better librarian. Either way, I'm almost done, and that's great news!!

No comments: